FAQ

 

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO JOIN STOCKTWITS ROOM?

Register for free as a stocktwits.com member and then its $50 a month.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU ADVISE ON TRADES?

ES Alerts do not have a specific schedule in terms of the number of futures trades over a time period.  We expect roughly 5 suggested trades per month on average, but this could change with market conditions. The goal is to be profitable over time. 

*All trade alert ideas have a profit target, stop loss, and entry point.

 HOW DOES “FAVORABLE TAX TREATMENT” WORK ON FUTURES TRADING?

E-mini index futures contracts offer a 60/40 split on your bill to Uncle Sam: 60% of your trade is considered a long-term capital gain, while the remaining 40% is “short-term”.

For taxation purposes, you’ll receive a 1099-B form from your broker. This simply reports your total gains or losses for the calendar year on one line, very simple. If  you made $10,000 trading E-mini index futures — 60% of that ($6,000) can be claimed as long-term capital gains and will only be taxed at 15%, with just the remaining $4,000 taxed as short-term gains at your ordinary income rate.

WHAT IS YOUR BACKGROUND AND TRACK RECORD?

Please review the About Us section for more details.

Our Chief Strategist, Dave Banister,  has been providing online active investor subscription services since August of 2009. Dave has over 60,000 active traders following him on Stocktwits.com  (which has over 3 million registered active users) under the username Stockreversals.

We are one of only 25 Stockwits Members who were asked to run a Premium Room out of 3 million members.

We run this ES futures trading and advisory service on Stocktwits.com which started in October 2018   The Track Record of that service is posted on the home page